If you apply for the FONASA benefits (subsidies), you must submit all the documentation at the FONASA office (on the mezzanine, access from Morales street) to obtain the corresponding deductions.
Starting on February 1, 2020, as per a new resolution of the MSP and BPS, a new system for all Fonasa registrations was implemented.
The process can only be done in person, since the system applies facial recognition and fingerprint technology and original valid documents must be shown.
The documents needed for Fonasa registration are:
- Active and passive.: Original person´s ID.
- For ACTIVE OR RETIRED WORKERS: Original identity card
- For SPOUSE: Original identity card and marriage certificate issued within the past 30 days.
- For MINORS (children) : Child´s original ID, original ID of the parent making the registration (whether or not he/she is the generator of the benefit), and birth certificate issued within the past 30 days. In the case of a newborn, the child's ID can be substituted by a PHOTOCOPY OF CERTIFICATE OF LIVE BIRTH.
- For a THIRD PARTY: Original ID of the beneficiary and of the person making the registration, and an ORIGINAL POWER OF ATTORNEY.
- For a DISABILITY PENSION: Original ID of the beneficiary and of the person making the registration and a proof of GUARDIANSHIP of the latter.